There are a number of common attributes in every Loewen product that sets us apart from the competitors. As you've already seen, by using Douglas Fir, we ensure that durability is built into every Loewen window and door. Bu that's just one of the details that makes our products unique, here a few others:
- Coastal Douglas Fir for strength and rigidity.
- Profiles sash edge for a finished look and integration with Simulated Divided Lites (SDL) bars.
- Mortise and tenon sash corner joints for structural stability.
- Dual seal on glass units results in long hermetic seal life.
- Natural Clear wood interior. Ideal for staining or painting.
- Laminated sash enhances structural stability to maintain a tight weather seal.
- Hidden venting channel allows built-up condensation to escape, increasing seal and sash life.
- Authentic stile and rail construction. No miters.
- Optional extruded aluminum cladding for low maintenance. Available in a wide range of colors.
- Minimal use of exposed exterior caulking on glass surfaces.
- No metal to glass contact improves energy efficiency.
- Taller bottom rail creates a custom architectural look reminiscent of traditional joinery and enhances structural stability and strength.
- Triple seal glazing system on metal clad units effectively blocks moisture infiltration.
- Secondary weatherstripping deflects wind-driven rain from primary seal.
- Airspace between wood and window cladding allows air circulation and also adds insulative value.