CLASSIC STYLE WITH REMARKABLE VERSATILITY
Casement windows swing open like a door to provide superior ventilation and easy operation. Suitable for numerous home styles, Casements shut tightly, providing a firm, lasting seal and one of the highest thermal performance ratings of any window style. Practical and beautiful, Casements are easy to combine with other Loewen window styles for a unique look.
It's no wonder the Casement is one of the most popular window styles in markets around the world.
Loewen prides itself on having an outstanding Casement window, made even better by our long list of quality features: Douglas Fir, double-strength glass, extruded aluminum and 36 Kynar based metal clad paint colors to name just a few. See the Why Loewen section for more details.
Part of what makes our Casement special is the wide variety we offer. Loewen makes four distinct styles of Casement windows: Traditional, Mission®, French Chateau, and Push Out.
All Loewen Casement windows feature authentic stile and rail sash corner joinery — no weak miter joints to rob your window of its aesthetic and structural integrity.
- Optimal thermal performance
- Exceptional sound attenuation characteristics
- Standard Loewen Traditional Casements measure to a Sound Transmission Coefficient (STC) of 33 when built with Heat-Smart Plus 1 glass units. This is exceptionally high for Casement windows and speaks of the product's high level of fit and finish. Our special Tranquility Glazing Systems offer an STC of 40, in an operable unit (no storm sash required).
- Opportunity for large, unobstructed views
- Concealed locking system for added security and weatherproofing. Apart from providing a secure lock, the concealed locks on Loewen Casements are flush with the frame edge and blend into the segment for an unobtrusive, clean appearance — won't snag drapes and the low mounting position makes them easy to reach and operate.
- Available folding crank handle allows window treatments to hang freely
- Natural, clear Douglas Fir interior (no visible finger joints)
- Frame construction designed for 4 9/16” (116 mm) jamb
- Low E2 insulated glazing with 1/2” (12 mm) airspace
- Roto gear operator and concealed sash locks available in standard bronze, sandstone and white and a range of optional finishes
- Extruded aluminum cladding in 9 Standard Palette colors, 27 Architectural Palette colors, primed wood, or clear fir exterior
- Interior and exterior also available primed or clear fir
- Santoprene® weatherstripping system for a durable, form-fitting seal
- Insect screens available in bronze, sandstone and white
Traditional, Mission®, French Chateau and Push Out models. Quarter Round, Full Radius and Camber Top options.
A French Chateau Casement has no center mullion post.